The Nutrition and Dietetics Section conducts dietary consultation and provides nutrition therapy to patients with a variety of health conditions. They confer with other health care professionals to review patients' clinical charts and develop nutritional plans to meet patients' individual nutritional requirements.
Function of Nutrition and Dietetics Section
- Provision and promotion of high quality nutritional care.
- Nutrition screening and assessment.
- Interpretation and implementation of diet prescription.
- Provision of individual or group counseling to patient/s.
The Nutrition and Dietetics Services work with patients, healthcare staff and the general public to promote optimum nutrition. This includes:
1. Our Inpatient services are made up of dietitians who work within Bicol Sanitarium providing dietetic service to all wards. The service is available from Monday to Friday, between 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. If the health care team thinks you would benefit from seeing a dietitian, they will refer you directly. The patients we see have various types of nutritional problems/ requirements for example: Diabetes, High Caloric requirements for malnourished patients, critically ill patients requiring alternative feeding regiment such as enteral and parenteral nutrition as they are unable to feed themselves.
2. We use a range of assessment techniques to devise and review nutritional plans for patients. The aims of treatment are to improve nutritional status to aid recovery, or to control damaging biochemistry, e.g. in diabetes, renal disease.
1. If you need a dietitian or the health care team requires you to visit a dietitian during consultation, you may be referred to the Nutritionist-Dietitian Office located at the back of the main hospital building.
2. We also offer osteorized feeding demo for relatives of patients who are unable to feed themselves.
|The Nutrition and Dietetics Service as to provision of meals to inpatients is available everyday from 4:00 am to 7:00 pm. For Nutrition Counseling and other related matters requiring the service of the dietitian, you may look for them from Monday to Friday between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.|