The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the classification of admitted patients. They prepare social case studies, perform assessment of the psychosocial condition of patients and families and facilitates their needs as necessary.
- Assess, interview and classify patients according to their economic and other needs and as mandated by RA 747 s. 1952. An act to regulate fees in Government hospitals and charity clinics and its current rules and regulations. Implementing guidelines on classification of patients and on Availment of Medical Social Services in Government Hospitals.
- Provides Social Work Case Management Services that optimize client functioing.
- Participates in health care teams and collaborate with other professional volunteers and groups in and outside of the health facility.
- Leads the health care team to ensure access to services, improving and maintaining the quality care provided by the health facility.
- Conducts Patient and Community Education (PCE).
- Maintains records and documentation of social work services.
- Conducts home visitation/home conduction.
- Group work services.
- Community service.
- Conducts ward visitation and interview patients for patients and/or watcher for Social Case Study Report.
- Conducts consultation and counseling sessions for patients and their families.
- Evaluate and enroll patients on Point of Care Program of Philhealth.
- Attends/facilitates monthly socialization of patients under custodial and palliative care service.
- Provides assistance to disadvantaged and abandoned patients.